AUTHOR: CHAUCER, Geoffrey.
TITLE: The Canterbury Tales.
PUBLISHER: Easton Press, 2011.
DESCRIPTION: DELUXE LIMITED EDITION. 3 Vols., limited to 500 numbered Copies.
CONDITION: BRAND NEW STILL IN ORIGINAL SHRINK WRAP.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This is a limited edition reproduction of the 1913 W. Russell Flint illustrated “The Canterbury Tales of Geoffrey Chaucer” published by the Easton Press with a limitation of 500 hand numbered copies. Each book comes with a numbered Certificate of Authenticity but the edition number is unknown as the books are in the original packaging and are still sealed. Geoffrey Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales is one of the most enduring works in English literature. In 1913, one of the most beautiful “deluxe books” of the age was a dazzling edition of The Canterbury Tales illustrated by a young artist who produced 36 spectacular watercolor plates for the edition. One of the most famous artists of his time, Flint’s achievement in watercolor led him to his serving for 20 years as President of what is today The Royal Watercolor Society. He was knighted in 1947 in recognition of his extraordinary works of art.
From the publisher: “Re-creating the breathtaking 1913 Flint illustrated edition... limited to just 500 copies! Here is a breathtaking edition of one of the most enduring works in English literature: Geoffrey Chaucer's Canterbury Tales, in an extraordinary re-creation of the 1913 illustrated edition featuring the masterful watercolors of the renowned Sir William Russell Flint! Your edition will be hand-numbered and include a Certificate of Authenticity bearing the matching number. Production is strictly limited to 500 sets.”This beautiful Deluxe Limited Edition features:
1) Chaucer's complete masterpiece, featuring the tales told by a group of pilgrims traveling to Canterbury Cathedral.
2) All 36 of William Russell Flint's original watercolor illustrations, beautifully restored, and hand-mounted on special paper.
3) Captioned tissue overlays protect each illustration.
4) Luxurious marbled endsheets.
5) Unique and intricate cover designs created especially for this Deluxe Edition.
6) A fabric-covered slipcase for storage and display.